September 22nd aka FIRST DAY OF FALL can't come quick enough and in my overly excited jumping up and down like a kid on Christmas morning, I kicked it off a day early with some Pumpkin Muffins and a side mini loaf.
BUT lets not get cray here, I kept it as VEGAN as I could and because I can't seem to find the right recipe for "homemade" bread YET (without a tremendous amount of fat, sugar and carbs), I cheated a little and used a boxed mix (Still higher in sugar than I like but ya know, gotta live a little.)------- OH NO, call the nutrition police on me! ;-)
So here you go, ENJOY it with some vegan butter on top and kick off the FALL season in style. #delicious
- 1 Box Trader Joe's Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Baking Mix*
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup 100% Pumpkin Puree (NOT Pumpkin Pie Mix)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- Vegan Butter
- OPTIONAL ADD INS: Vegan Chocolate Chips, Nuts and/or Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a standard 12-muffin pan with butter or cooking spray; I also had enough mix for a small loaf pan.
- Combine water, pumpkin puree and applesauce in a large bowl, and then add mix. Fold together with rubber spatula until batter is smooth, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in optional ingredients until well distributed in batter.
- Portion batter into lightly greased muffin tins and loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes. (Keep checking it because it does take a little longer to bake thank traditional breads.)
- Top with some vegan butter and ENJOY!
*The ingredient list does state that there COULD be traces of milk, eggs and soy BUT there is nothing actually IN the ingredient list that is related to animal products. I replaced the eggs and oil with other options here so try it or stick to the original recipe. Depending on your level of veganism/allergies, this is where you either opt IN or opt OUT. I gave it a try and WOW... delicious!